ANTONIA X GALLINEE – BANANAS WITH FUDGY CHOCOLATE SAUCE
2nd August 2017
I don’t like to pretend that frozen bananas will ever taste the same as ice cream, and this sauce also works deliciously decadently over ice cream. However, for those who don’t want a lot of dairy, I like the chunky muddle of frozen bananas with this warm moreish sauce.
Gluten free, vegan
Total time: 30 minutes
- 4 bananas
- 50 grams of dates, pitted and chopped
- 125 ml of almond milk (regular milk)
- 100 grams of dark chocolate, chopped
- hazelnuts to serve
- In advance, peel and chop the bananas placing the pieces into the freezer. Minimum for 2 hours or store some in the freezer as needed.
- To make the sauce, place the dates and milk into a food processor and blend together until smooth.
- Pour the mix into a saucepan and add the chocolate melting everything together. Stir regularly until the chocolate is thoroughly melted for 4-6 minutes, but be careful that it doesn’t solidify. If this happens, whisk in a little more milk.
- Serve warm on top of your bananas and top with chopped hazelnuts.