We know that this subject affects many of you and that you often can’t find any product that can soothe your skin… But don’t worry, today we have a good news for you!
Our Body Milk and our Hydrating Face Cream recently have been tested for atopy-prone skin… And have been passing the tests with flying colours! The results are undeniable: the skin is soothed 100%, the skin is comfortable 100%, the skin is smoothed 100%, and it goes on and on. Bye bye eczema and other itches!
But what “atopy” means exactly? Let’s dive into the subject. To explain it in the best possible, we’ve lined up 3 articles. In this first article, we’ll talk about atopy-prone skin in general, and we’ll go into more details soon.
Atopy’s etymology comes from greek “a-topia” which means “state of what is not where it belongs”.
Currently, the medical definition of atopy is: an allergic answer of the immune system to common environmental allergens.
Atopy can occur in several forms: atopic dermatitis, urticaria, allergic asthma, allergic conjunctivitis or allergic rhinitis.
Today, we will focus on atopic dermatitis or atopic eczema.
- Because it is the most common skin disease and we prefer beautiful, smooth and soft skin.
- Because the number of cases increases every year.
- Because the causes of this disease are not yet well defined, even if there seems to be a link with our over-clean lifestyle.
In 3 sentences, here is what we can memorize about atopy and its causes:
– Several factors play a part, and this tangle of causes doesn’t make it easy for our scientists.
– Anti-inflammatory and/or antibiotic treatments treat only the symptoms, and don’t help your good bacteria to take over.
– The microbiome disorder is at the forefront of this pathology.
In Gallinée, we take care of your good bacteria and we even help them to thrive on your own skin.
Help the good bacteria to grow so that the bad ones have no more space to reproduce and finally put them out!