What better way is there to celebrate than with pancakes? It’s the only way, but it’s not always as simple as it seems for those with allergies. For those of you that are gluten-free, this is one for you! These gluten-free thin pancakes use gluten-free flour and can be safely eaten by those managing signs and symptoms of celiac disease. Another benefit – they’re still yummy for everyone else too. The hardest part is deciding on what you’re going to fill or top them with. We’ve got a penchant for fresh fruit and just a touch of maple syrup. You’re welcome!
Makes 6 small gluten-free pancakes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 125g Doves Farm gluten-free plain flour
- 1 Egg
- 250g Milk
- Butter (1 teaspoon for frying)
- Put the gluten-free flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Crack the egg in the middle and pour in 60g of milk. Use an electric or balloon whisk to thoroughly combine the mixture.
- Once you have a paste, mix in another 60g of milk and continue to mix until lump-free.
- Mix in the remaining milk and leave to rest for 20 mins. Do make sure you stir again before using though!
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan with your teaspoon of butter.
- When the butter starts to foam, pour a small amount of your prepared mixture into the pan and swirl around to coat the base – you want a thin layer so be careful.
- Cook for a few mins until golden brown on the bottom.
- Turn over and cook until golden on the other side. We want to see your flipping skills!
- Repeat until you have used all the mixture, stirring the mixture between pancakes and adding more butter for frying as necessary.
- Pick your toppings. Are you for savoury or sweet pancakes?